but only a couple more to go! Britt is in Hong Kong for a few
days before they pull back out. It's been a crazy underway period for him. He is filling in for the Boatswain's Mate Senior Chief, as the Deck LCPO, and he has led them through some extreme challenges. They are fortunate to have Britt onboard.....really benefitting from his leadership and experience right now. Though I worry about him even more, I know that he is where he needs to be. They pulled into Okinawa last week to untangle a line and then pulled right back out. The weather was really bad, and before they could secure their anchors for sea after leaving port, they had 45kts of wind over the bow and waves breaking up to the bridge. At one point, Britt said, the bridge lost sight of them on the foc'sle and they had to make their way back to the forward breaks to get out of the way. Only a few more weeks, and he'll be here safe, in San Diego. I love you and miss you baby!
I spent last weekend at Wilderness Lakes, camping with a TK and Denise. We had a great time. A weekend full of laughs, good food and relaxation with a couple of good friends. Thank you ladies! Then we went shopping for Halloween costumes for dress-up at work Friday Morning. We went as Steelers players. Britt was so proud! It was a lot of fun.
Now, Britt and I are enjoying our time together while he is in port.
Britt and his Division. (Britt is 5th from the left)
Me as Big Ben
Getting ready for the big game.
getting ready to brief game plays in the conference room
TK as Hines Ward, me as Ben Roethlisberger and Denise as Troy Polamalu
Steeler sisters.





No comments:
Post a Comment