Even visiting with high school friends that I hadn't seen in years, it felt as if we had just seen each other yesterday. Life has a tendency to take over and by the time we realize it, 10 or 15 years has passed us by. These past couple of weeks have shown me that if we just stop and enjoy the moment that we are in, we will find something amazing that we probably more times that not, would miss......who wants that to happen? I know I don't, at least I don't anymore. I want to live each of my blessing and be able to pass them on. More over, each time Britt and I are together, I realize how lucky I am. Britt is an amazing man and I look forward to our many years together.
Ok, so I'm a bit sappy tonight, but I can't help myself....I have an amazing man in my life that I love beyond words, I have an amazing family, and loving and fun friends. I am truly blessed beyond words and look forward to what 2011 brings with eagerness.
I met Britt at the Charlotte NC airport on the 15th of December and we were SC bound to spend time with his mom and family. I flew to WA for a quick visit with my mom, dad, brother, and niece for Christmas and then flew back to SC for a few more days. While home I was able to catch up with my cousin Sarah, and two great high school friends. Both of which were long overdue. Britt drives up here to Norfolk on Wednesday, and then returns to Japan on the 9th. After that, we are on the two month countdown to when Britt transfers to Norfolk for assignment to the USS WASP.
Being able to spend my birthday with Britt this year was a gift I am so thankful for. We haven't always been able to be together when we want to be, but during 2010, things really worked out well for us. This year is going to be even better!
Here are a few pictures of our great times over the past couple of weeks......
Car is loaded, and I'm on the road to Charlotte NC to pick up Britt. I left town just in time to escape Norfolk's blizzard of 2010.
Britt and I at the airport. So happy to see each other!
Britt and his new toy.....such a happy man! :)
Swan Lake Fantasy of Lights. The pictures really don't do the light displays justice, it was just beautiful.
Swan Lake Fantasy of Lights.
Headed to Mom and Dad's for Christmas, and baked up a good number of treats, that I really didn't need to be eating.....oh, but they were oh so good! Bailey was a great little helper, and is going to be great in the kitchen when she grows up.
Mom and I enjoyed a few toasts......and then a few more......
Bailey enjoying one of her MANY Christmas presents.
......and modeling her new hat and scarf.....too cute!
My brother Wesley and I.
Priceless! Dad and Bailey enjoying their apple pie.
Out to dinner with Britt's family. (L to R: Britt, Wanda (Britt's step-mother), me, Tyler (Rhonda's son), Jami (Britt's sister), Rhonda (Britt's sister) holding her son Dylan, Wyatt and Michael (Jami's husband). We had a great time, but were missing Britt's oldest sister Ruth, her two children, along with Rhonda's husband John and daughter Brooke.
We took a drive to Columbia SC for the day and Britt took me to see the Williams-Brice Stadium, home of the South Carolina Gamecocks.
Check this out.....these are used for tailgating.....how much fun would that be! I'm game!
......and her sled wasn't the same again. Sleds today just aren't made like they used to be......








No comments:
Post a Comment